25.7.08

Special Feature 02: Unimaginative Comedians

So I was on my lunch break today and I happened to catch a little of the mid day talk radio show we have here. And they have a special guest stand-up comedian who is playing a show in Orlando tonight... his name is Corey Holcomb and apparently he was on some TV show on MTV called Wild N' Out... I hope I'm spelling that right.

Ahem.

Man I love listening to people that are so into themselves that they don't realize how dumb they sound.

First, here's a great quote from Mr. Holcomb:
"Comedy is my life, Im'a die doing comedy. It's all I know, it's all I will ever know."

Without examining it too thoroughly... is that not one of the - simultaneously - funniest and saddest thing you've ever heard...

And moving on in the discussion Mr. Holcomb give us a little preview of his material (precluding each with "I'm not gonna say too much, I talk about it during the show but..."):

on his mother not liking him:
"I tried to friend my mom on Myspace and she DENIED me! Can you believe that? I asked her about it and she was all 'I don't even want to be your mother, what makes you think I wanna be your friend.'"

Classic Myspace humor.

He also told us that the topics of his set will include, but not be limited to: marijuana, relations, and Barack Obama.

Now while those are three of my favorite things, I just have to ask... really? What's next, a "White people be trippin'?" joke?

Here's what I predict Mr. Holcomb's jokes on these topic will be:

on marijuana: "You know how sometimes you're high and your boy will be like 'They should make sneakers with rockets on them so you could fly and shit.' And you say 'Yeeeaaahhh...'
That aint no good idea!"

on relations: "Are there any ladies in the house? Ladies... what are you talking about? Am I right fellas?"

on Barack Obama: "When Barack Obama becomes president... white people are gonna trip!"

Maybe I'm wrong... maybe he's super funny...

Whatever, I'm gonna go read Doonesbury and listen to NPR.

Is it Wild-N-Out? Wildn' Out?

Are they wild AND out or wild IN out? How can you be in out?

Kids.

No comments: